Monday, May 9, 2016

Nineteen Weeks

Hello everyone! Sorry for the extremely short email, but the time that I have to write this week is extremely short because I will be leaving in less than an hour to Capital because I am going to a new area this transfer (transfer = 6 weeks) that starts today! :D My area is called Atalaya and it is a city area (and thus I will be walking instead of having a bike, but I got one last picture with my [not] trusty steed to send out to everyone). My new companion (I will meet him tonight and tell you more about him next week) is named Elder Quesada and is from Chile so he speaks super fast spanish (And presumably no English) so I am way looking forward to it. It's gonna help me a ton with the language and I was actually really hoping for a Latin American companion. As I said though, it will be in the city so it will be a way different experience than out here in the Campo in Chivilcoy. I also heard that in my new area members normally provide lunch and dinner to the missionaries every single day of the week (or at least almost every single day) compared to here where it's a pretty small branch and we get to eat with members about once a week. So that will be pretty cool. Again, I'll let everyone know how it is next week. 

In other news, we spent this entire last week finally moving to the new pension (which means that we only got about 10 hours of missionary work in our area). The first half of the week we were running errands and paying bills to get everything set up, as well as cleaning and packing, then we moved the Hermanas (sister missionaries) to their new Pension on Thursday with just a small truck (so it was a pretty awesome workout and I slept super good that night), then we spent Friday cleaning the pension that they left behind (just my companion and I),Saturday we got to do missionary work and Sunday was Church (and skyping home for the first time for me, we get to do it twice a year :D) and then we finished moving everything else this morning and got the new pension set up and the old one mostly cleaned. It was a lot of work, but I'm sure the next missionary to come to this area will enjoy it hahaha.

That's pretty much it for this week though that I can think of right now. I'm sorry I can't really send out individual emails this week for lack of time but I love you all and will talk to you all next week!

Love,

Elder McCollum

No comments:

Post a Comment