Monday, December 11, 2017

One Hundred and One Weeks

Hello Everyone!

What a great week this has been!

We have had pretty much the whole week to be out visiting and teaching, but the best day by far was Sunday -  we had 4 investigators in church, including the following people that we have been visiting and teaching:
A little old lady named Gladys who has very very poor vision (near-blind), but that regardless arrived on her own without help. She was making friends with tons of people super fast - it was awesome, and there are already a bunch of members that want to visit with her.

The father of a recent convert (and his wife) that had always put himself hard opposed to the church (and hadn't been to any church in more than 20 years). I was stunned, because during the week he just told his son that he was going to go to church on Sunday, and he did - all on his own! And he loved it! He really enjoyed the classes, the music, and the talks given (and so I expect him to be back next week as well, but hopefully we can visit him before then).

And lastly, an investigator that is going to be baptized this coming Sunday! :D She is a 9 year old girl named Guadalupe that is a capa! We taught her the 10 commandments the other day for example with hand signals and her mom told us that for the rest of the day she went around teaching them to everyone that she met. It was really awesome to hear and I am really excited for her. 


This coming week is going to be awesomely busy as well - it will be a great way to "finish" the mission. It will go as follows:

Monday (Today) - District Meeting, Weekly Planning, and Ciber (which I am doing right now).
Tuesday - interviews with the mission President - I'll have my finally interview later so it'll be just my comp, but we'll have to travel to the mission offices and then back to our area.
Wednesday - We have service to perform in the morning (hopefully).
Thursday - P-day
Friday - my final interview (an hour long interview with the mission president where you go over your mission and your plans for afterwards)
Saturday - The ward that I am serving in is going to have an end-of-year lunch with all the members present
Sunday - In the morning there is church (where I will be giving a class, and then during sacrament meeting I'll give my testimony), immediately following which we are going to have a baptism! :D And then lunch with a member (probably an asado - Argentine BBQ), and more or less at that time they will take me to the mission offices where I will be for meetings, etc. until getting on the plane Monday afternoon.

Other than that though, there is not too much new to tell (though I'm sure this week will bring plenty of experiences to share). Love you all though and see you in a week!

Love,
Elder McCollum

Photos: 
Caseros Zone! We got these pictures today, but I spent over a year of my mission here - I arrived in October/November-ish of last year and haven't left since except for a 6 week stint in Ramos Mejìa. It has been an awesome time for sure! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment