Monday, April 17, 2017

Sixty Seven Weeks

Hello Everyone!

Well this has been a very interesting week!

There has been a whole lot going on, though I haven't really been able to get out to our area all that much this week. I also don't really have all that much time to write, so I'll give a short little tidbit about a bunch of pictures. Needless to say as you see them, I didn't spend that much time in the office either - I was out and about running around doing a ton of different things. This coming week though we should be a lot more time in our area, and I look forward to it. I really enjoy being able to help other missionaries in the offices but I enjoy even more so being able to get out and help people in need. You have to learn to enjoy both though, so with that in mind, this was my week:


1598 - Traffic in Argentina. I did a lot of driving this week and most of the traffic was something like this. It gets heavier though and much more tightly packed than this. It keeps you on your toes though. :)
1604 - Not sure if you all remember at the beginning of the mission me being on a bike, and said bike always having problems but the mission is starting to replace them. Thus, one day this week we had to go look for nice, new, and shiny bikes.
1608 - One of the days we went almost to the farthest out area in the mission and it was very rural. Well, the GPS decided to send us down a pretty harsh dirt road that turned into a nice muddy road the last short stretch before we made it to the paved road we were looking for. It was a fun drive, but the truck got kind of Dirty.
1611 - Remember how Elder Ehlert is no longer in the offices and no longer my comp? Well one day, I had to take him a map of his new area and it turns out that him, the other Elder from the offices that went with me, and I were dressed almost exactly the same. We took a picture of it.
1613 - Elder Ehlert's pension is also super cold at night, so we got him a nice thick blanket. We gave it to him nice and folded and within five minutes I saw him like this.
1619 - One night as we were coming back from running an errand, Elder Venecia and Elder Alexander who were with me were hungry and wanted to get something to eat. We found a place called Maxxi Fried Chicken that was "interesting" and they bought food there, and I bought a peruvian soda "English Cola" that tasted like liquid red vines. It was interesting, but I wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to try it. They also gave us a huge calendar free with a picture of a winking chicken (their logo) on it and so we also took an opportunity to get a good picture there.
1622 - One day Elder Durfee's lock screen was eerily similar to him... (the pictures changed every day automatically)
8559 - Road trip dinner the day we drove out to the farthest area in the mission. It was a 350 mile round trip drive and dinner was from a gas station at the halfway point. It was a very tasty sandwich.
8533 - Scenic view that day we drove to the farthest out area in the mission. It was pretty. :)

Also, this morning Elder Russell M. Nelson visited both our mission and the Buenos Aires North Mission, and so it was super awesome to see and hear from an apostle in such a small-crowded setting. I don't have any picture of that though. :)

Love you all though and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder McCollum










No comments:

Post a Comment